Friday, December 22, 2006

Findlay Brown

So I was watching CSI with my mother tonight (another exciting holiday season!) and during the commercials this ad from MasterCard came on:



Just as it was about to end, I stopped whatever I was doing and thought, "Hey, that music actually sounds pretty good." I googled the only lyrics I could make out--"nobody ever says goodbye" and "come home"--and found out that the ad used the music of Findlay Brown, some sort of English-Danish country singer. The song itself was "Come Home."

Anyway, I spent the rest of the evening on the guy's MySpace site listening to "Come Home," "I Will," and "Separated by the Sea." I really like his sound; his voice is a cross of Samuel Beam (of Iron & Wine) and Chris Isaak, and his music is gentle but quite moving. This very well might be the first album I will actually, physically purchase in a long time...

No comments: